You like walking, but unfortunately getting out for a stroll is proving troublesome. Maybe you are not as steady on your feet as you could be, and find using walking aids a pain in the butt over a long distance.
Winter is almost here, and like many people, you may be searching for the best and least expensive option for how to keep fit during those cold winter months. For some, going outside is not an option, and you may not have a gym nearby that you can afford to go to. That’s why we’ve made this list of what we consider to be the best budget treadmills for your home. This way, you can work out from the comfort of your own home, and not have to break the bank! Let’s get down to it…
SO… you know that you want a treadmill, particularly now that the nights are drawing in, and it’s maybe getting a bit too cold and wet to want to be running or walking outside in the elements…but… space is at a premium.
The good news for walkers is that they do not need to have the expensive treadmills that runners or joggers will require.
Since sitting down for hours on end gives you cancer or something, you have (correctly) decided to rectify the situation and save your arse (literally it seems) by investing in a treadmill that fits under your desk.
- MANUFACTURER: SOLE FITNESS
- UNFOLDED DIMENSIONS: 57”H X 82”L X 37”W
- ADDITIONALLY: HEART RATE MONITOR/ FAN/ SOUND SYSTEM/ 6 STANDARD PROGRAMS, 2 CUSTOM, 2 HEART PROGRAMS
- CONSOLE: 9” LCD
- LIFTING/FOLDING: EASY ASSIST FOLDING
- BELT SIZE: 22” X 60”
- MOTOR: 3.5 CHP, DC TYPE
- DECK SUSPENSION: CUSHION FLEX WHISPER DECK
- SPEED: 0.5-12 MPH
- INCLINE: 0-15 LEVELS
- MAX USER WEIGHT: 375 POUNDS
- ITEM WEIGHT: 278 POUNDS
- OUR REVIEW: 4.2 STARS OUT OF FIVE
- PRICE GUIDE: $1800+
- WARRANTY: FRAME + MOTOR + DECK LIFETIME GUARANTEE, ELECTRONICS + PARTS FIVE YEARS GUARANTEE. LABOR TWO YEARS GUARANTEE
HOW EASY IS THIS TO SET UP?
First things first, we already know that treadmills generally weigh somewhere in the region of an elephant that’s expecting twins, so how much of a PIA (pain in the ass) is it, to actually get from outside your house to fully installed?
- MANUFACTURER: PROFORM
- UNFOLDED DIMENSIONS: 59.25” X 36.63” X 79.62”
- ADDITIONALLY: HEART RATE MONITOR/ COOLAIRE FAN/ IPOD + IFIT COMPATIBLE / SPEAKER/ 22 WORKOUT APPS
- CONSOLE: 6” BACKLIT DISPLAY
- COLOR: BLACK/SILVER
- LIFTING: EASYLIFT
- BELT SIZE: 20” X 60”
- MOTOR: 2.75 CHP MACH Z™
- DECK SUSPENSION: 4 SHOCK ABSORBERS PRO-SHOX FITTED
- SPEED: 0-12 MPH
- INCLINE: 0-12% QUICK INCLINE
- MAX USER WEIGHT: 325 POUNDS
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 224 POUNDS
- OUR REVIEW: 3.9 STARS OUT OF FIVE
- PRICE GUIDE: $1500 APPROX. PRICES VARY
- WARRANTY: PARTS TWO YEAR LABOR ONE YEAR
FROM FRONT DOOR TO THE FLOOR
Although we can’t actually find the specific item weight of this Proform Performance 600 C treadmill, the shipping weight comes in at a humungous 224 pounds.
- MANUFACTURER: SUNNY HEALTH AND FITNESS
- UNFOLDED DIMENSIONS: 62.2” L X 26.8” W X 47.3” H
- FOLDED DIMENSIONS: 34.5” X 27” X 58”
- COLOR: PINK/ GRAY
- BELT SIZE: 15.75 INCHES X 48.82 INCHES
- MOTOR: 2.20 PEAK HP DRIVE SYSTEM
- SPEED: 0.5-9 MPH
- INCLINES: THREE MANUAL INCLINES
- ADDITIONALLY: 13 PROGRAM SETTINGS- 9 WORKOUT PROGRAMS/ SAFETY LOCK/ FOLDABLE/WHEELS
- MAX USER WEIGHT: 220 POUNDS
- ITEM WEIGHT: 103 POUNDS
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 119 POUNDS
- OUR REVIEW: 4.2 STARS OUT OF FIVE
- PRICE GUIDE: $299.99+
- WARRANTY: 90 DAYS PARTS ONLY
GETTING UP AND RUNNING
If the thought of flat pack assembly fills you with fear, and you have been putting off getting a treadmill because you have heard of the tremendous back ache associated with it, and don’t really fancy a whole week screaming at screws and other fittings, then don’t lose heart.
- MANUFACTURER: WESLO
- UNFOLDED DIMENSIONS: 64.5″-L X 29″-W X 55.5″-H
- ADDITIONALLY: 6 PERSONAL TRAINER PROGRAMS
- BELT SIZE: 16” X 50”
- MOTOR: 2.25 HP IMPULSE MOTOR
- SPEED: 0-10 MPH
- INCLINE: 2 MANUAL INCLINES
- MAX USER WEIGHT: 250 POUNDS
- ITEM WEIGHT: 119 POUNDS APPROX
- OUR REVIEW: 4 STARS OUT OF FIVE
- PRICE GUIDE: $290+ APPROX
- WARRANTY: 1YEARS MOTOR. 90 DAYS PARTS AND LABOR
OUT OF THE BOX
At 119 pounds it would be fair to say that this is not the lightest of treadmills on the market today, but also it is not quite the heaviest either.